Monday, January 18, 2010

Monday again

Monday again and we are already spiralling to the end of January. I hope this year goes as slowly as 2009. Usually the years fly by. I was once told it has a direct correlation to your age. As a 5 year old, a year is a 5th of your life, so its huge. When you are 80 (I'm not), its a much smaller percentage of all your living. (I hope you are/have lived!)

I use the same parallel to account for my on going inability to remember things. My head is just too full of stuff to assimilate more - thats my story and I'm sticking to it.  And so I wonder what this year will bring. Its not really panning out in any definite form but my sense is there is a lot of upheaval for many people. Spare a thought for Haiti and the damage to an already impoverished economy.  As an aside, members of the South African rescue unit (who also support The Sabie Experience mountain bike stage race) took 52 hours to get there. No control tower meant no planes could land. Later, air controllers flown in could not move the planes grounded there because of a lack of fuel - so other supplies couldn't be air lifted in. What a mess and strength to the people trying to make headway and those trying to survive.

But moving on. The limbo I feel is echoed by many of my friends and so I content myself with spinning instead of riding and building up my running to acceptable distances. Its a bit of a waiting game and in times past, I would have tried to force outcomes. Now I am content to let things emerge.

It sounds like a cop out but I dont have the energy to spare for any more. Do I make sense here and are you feeling disjointed too?

Posted via email from Go Cycling

No comments:

Post a Comment