Thursday, February 25, 2010

Quo Vadis mountain biking?

For 6 years, the mountain bike industry in this country has thrived. Participation has exploded and the standards of riding have improved substantially.

But now I ask, where to next. We have seen a plethora of events arrive on the calendar. There are no weekends without several events to choose from. Multi day racing has taken off, appealing to the long distance freaks that make up South African athletes.

But when is it enough or too much? Have we had enough of a good thing. I wonder whether the rest of the world has the intensity and breadth of choice we have locally. As a race organiser (www.sabiexperience.co.za and www.panoramatour.co.za), I find myself wondering what is the next big thing.

Having personally experienced touring and loved it, I don't want to let my bias colour my thinking. So I am asking you.

Answer on this blog or go to the online survey I created : Plan your future riding here

All in all, the responses should be fascinating. Oh, and send the link to all your riding friends too.

Posted via email from Go Cycling

No comments:

Post a Comment