Monday, February 22, 2010

Time Running Out

I had the most terrible string of thoughts this weekend. They left me in a panic.

I worked out that I have about 20 years left to do significant things. That's only 20 big adventures if I work on roughly one a year. All of a sudden I can see the end of my life looming (if I don't crash and burn inbetween). This is scary and I don't want to waste a moment any more.

This sentiment is good in theory but there are so many other considerations that conspire to tie me up and allow me to make excuses. Family and work commitments. Decisions on what to do and where to go. Company - finding people who want to do something different and mad and can make the time.

How much time do you have left? Have you thought about whether your life is greater or lesser at the moment.  Me, I'm panicking right now. There are a couple of small adventures planned but nothing that will allow me to check off a year well lived.

Last year was the Freedom Challenge and I am so glad I got that done. It was big and meaningful. This year is still early and luckily, I have time to create something. What will it be? Dunno yet but I am looking for ideas and volunteers.

Posted via email from Go Cycling

No comments:

Post a Comment